Pages

Wednesday 9 January 2013

Sitting Spaniel

Loved drawing this dog, this is the first one I've done with the whole body. The reference photo I had to draw from was great quality which allowed me to get in very delicate detail. 
I used my favourite mechanic pencils for the very fine detail and my Mars Lumograph pencils to give the drawing depth and dark shading, without pressing too hard it gives an almost black shade without  leaving pencil marks on the paper. The drawing fit into a double mount with an oak frame measuring around A3- unfortunately I do not have a picture of the dog framed- was such a rush to get it to my client in time for christmas! Since then she has told me how very happy her daughter was to have received this drawing, which makes my job even more rewarding!!




No comments:

Post a Comment